These tender Asian Glazed Turkey Meatballs are at all times a success with our household! Coated in essentially the most scrumptious sticky candy sauce and simply made in lower than half-hour!
Increase your hand for those who love meatballs! I hope all arms are lifted excessive as a result of these Asian Glazed Turkey Meatballs are a HUGE winner in our home! Tender, flavorful meatballs all smothered in essentially the most scrumptious candy and savory sauce, significantly so finger-licking GOOD. Not solely is that this sauce scrumptious tossed with the meatballs, however it tastes superb drizzled over brown rice and veggies too! Good for meal prep as leftovers style even higher the following day!
This complete meal may be made in beneath half-hour and is a recipe I promise the entire household will love. And sure, whereas these turkey meatballs make for a scrumptious dinner, additionally they make a bangin’ good appetizer for events or gatherings! This recipe makes about 25 to 26 meatballs so if you would like extra, you may positively need to double this recipe. Belief me, these meatballs will go fast so I at all times double if serving at a celebration! They’re additionally freezer-friendly too, so why not make further?!
Components You may Want
- Floor turkey – I used lean floor turkey for these meatballs, however you might additionally make them utilizing floor hen, floor beef or floor pork
- Breadcrumbs – I used complete wheat Panko breadcrumbs to assist the meatballs to maintain their spherical form, however be at liberty to make use of gluten-free breadcrumbs, if wanted
- Egg – acts as a binder to carry all of the components collectively
- Soy sauce – I at all times use low-sodium soy sauce as I discover that common soy sauce could make dishes too salty. You might additionally swap the soy sauce with tamari or coconut aminos to make this gluten-free.
- Honey – not solely does this add some sweetness to the sauce with out utilizing refined sugars, however it additionally makes a pleasant sticky candy glaze! You might additionally swap the honey with maple syrup if you do not have honey readily available.
- Beef broth – provides extra depth of taste within the sauce, but when you do not have beef broth readily available you might simply use water
- Sesame oil – provides that scrumptious Asian taste to the sauce!
- Ginger – recent grated ginger is certainly greatest on this dish and you will be including it to each the meatballs and the sauce. If all you’ve got is floor ginger, I’ve included the substitutions within the recipe beneath
- Garlic – provides a taste increase to the meatballs and sauce, recent minced garlic is at all times greatest!
- Inexperienced onions – I like the flavour of inexperienced onions with
- Seasonings – mixture of crushed purple chili flakes, salt and pepper
Tips on how to Make Asian Meatballs
- Make the meatballs. In a big bowl, combine collectively floor turkey, breadcrumbs, egg, soy sauce, ginger, garlic and inexperienced onions till all mixed. Utilizing a small cookie scoop (I exploit this 1.2 tablespoon measurement scoop), make 1-inch sized balls and place on a ready baking sheet (it is best to get about 25 to 26 meatballs).
- Bake! Pop the meatballs within the oven at 400 levels F and bake for about 13 to fifteen minutes, till evenly browned and cooked via.
- Make the sauce. Whereas the meatballs are baking within the oven, mix soy sauce, honey, beef broth, sesame oil, garlic, ginger, and pepper in a small saucepan on the range and produce to a boil. Cut back the warmth and let the sauce simmer for about 5 minutes to thicken up. For those who really feel like your sauce is just too skinny, be at liberty to combine a half tablespoon of cornstarch with a half tablespoon of water in a small bowl and pour that into the sauce to thicken it up much more.
- Serves. As soon as meatballs are accomplished baking, switch them to a big bowl (or you might hold them on the pan) and coat them with the sticky sauce. Serve over fluffy brown rice and prime with inexperienced onions and sesame seeds. This sauce additionally tastes superb drizzled over veggies!
Can I Make These in a Skillet?
Sure in fact! I discover that baking meatballs is simply simpler with much less cooking required, however pan frying these meatballs would style superb! All you may want is a couple of tablepoon or two of oil to coat the pan then add the meatballs and switch them repeatedly in order that they get browned on all sides and are cooked via, about 12 minutes.
Tips on how to Serve Asian Meatballs
I personally suppose these meatballs style greatest served over fluffy brown rice with a bit of further sauce drizzled on prime together with a aspect of veggies! It jogs my memory of my favourite take-out order that I can simply make myself at residence. Try my publish on methods to make good brown rice proper in your Prompt Pot each single time!
This sticky Asian sauce not solely tastes superb on these meatballs, however you might additionally use this sauce on hen or steak as a marinade, in stir fries, on prime of burgers or kabobs, drizzled over veggies, and even on crock pot meatballs.
Prepping and Storing
These meatballs can simply be ready forward of time and saved within the fridge tightly lined for two or 3 days earlier than baking. Then whenever you’re able to bake, pop them within the oven and make the sauce on the range as directed. You can even simply put together the sauce forward of time too! Simply reheat in a saucepan proper earlier than tossing with the meatballs.
For those who’re planning on storing these meatballs for later, allow them to cool fully then retailer then in a sealed, hermetic container in your fridge for as much as 3 to 4 days. These meatballs are freezer-friendly too and can final for as much as 3 to 4 months frozen. To reheat, merely thaw the meatballs out within the fridge and place them in a skillet on low warmth, stirring usually, till warmed via. You might additionally reheat them within the microwave for 1 to 2 minutes.
The sauce itself will last as long as two weeks in your fridge or you might freeze the sauce individually for as much as 3 months in a sealed, hermetic container.
Extra Asian Impressed Recipes You may Love
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Prepare dinner Time: 15 minutes
- Whole Time: 25 minutes
For the meatballs:
- 1 lb floor turkey (you might additionally use floor hen, pork or beef)
- 1/3 cup Complete Wheat Panko Breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp recent grated ginger (or 1/4 tsp floor ginger)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 inexperienced onions, sliced
- Garnish: further inexperienced onions and sesame seeds
For the sauce:
- 1/2 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 cup beef broth (or water)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp recent grated ginger (or 1/2 tsp floor ginger)
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp crushed purple chili flakes (optionally available relying for those who like a bit of warmth)
To thicken sauce much more (optionally available):
- 1/2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 Tbsp water
- Preheat oven to 400 levels F.
- In a big bowl, combine collectively floor turkey, breadcrumbs, egg, soy sauce, ginger, garlic and inexperienced onions till all mixed. Utilizing a small cookie scoop, make 1-inch sized balls and place on a ready baking sheet (it is best to get about 25-26 meatballs).
- Pop the meatballs within the oven and bake for about 13 to fifteen minutes, till evenly browned and cooked via.
- Whereas the meatballs are baking within the oven, mix soy sauce, honey, beef broth, sesame oil, garlic, ginger, and pepper in a small saucepan on the range and produce to a boil. Cut back the warmth and let the sauce simmer for about 5 minutes to thicken up.
- For those who really feel like your sauce is just too skinny, combine 1/2 tablespoon of cornstarch with 1/2 tablespoon of water in a small bowl to make a slurry and pour that into the sauce to thicken it up much more. Combine in 1/4 tsp to 1/2 tsp crushed purple chili flakes (relying on how a lot warmth you want) and switch off the warmth.
- As soon as the meatballs are accomplished baking, switch them to a big bowl (or you might hold them on the identical pan) and coat them solely with the sticky sauce.
- Spoon meatballs over fluffy brown rice, drizzling with further sauce, and prime with inexperienced onions and sesame seeds. Take pleasure in!
*Leftovers will final 3 to 4 days within the fridge or will freeze for 3 to 4 months.
- Serving Measurement: 4 meatballs
- Energy: 216
- Sugars: 12.5 g
- Sodium: 916.5 mg
- Fat: 7.6 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 19.7 g
- Fibers: 1 g
- Proteins: 18 g
* Please observe that each one vitamin data are simply estimates. Values will range amongst manufacturers, so we encourage you to calculate these by yourself for many correct outcomes.